Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seven is Heaven






Seven years ago today I was ambling through Southern Utah after having taken Lisa to Utah State and stopping by Provo to see how Corey and Steph were doing. Their baby boy was due anytime but as the birth didn't seem imminent, I hit the road to Texas as Marisa was getting ready to start school and I had been gone a week or two. My phone was low on battery power so I turned it off. At around 4 o'clock and just north of the New Mexico border, I checked in with Kerry and he told me that just after I had left Provo that morning, Stephani's water had broken and the kids were at the hospital. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I spent a few minutes agonizing about what to do and then decided that I wasn't going to wait for a month or two to see our darling first grandchild even though it would require a turn around and an eight hour drive back north. So off we went to see little John! What a sweet and darling baby he was and what a dear and darling young man he has become. Happy Birthday Johnny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7! YIKES! A year away from baptism! OOOO how time flies!! I remember seeing John for the first time..I can't believe it's been that long! Happy bday john!