Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday Is A Special Day

I can tell that it is going to be a challenge for me to get the hang of this. I do love checking in with the kids blogs and have even followed a few links from their blogs to view some of the blogs they keep up on. I love the creativity that is manifest by some of those cute folks and I can see where this is an opportunity to connect and stay connected. So I am going to play with it too. Now, my kids have maintained for years that I don't have anything to do except silly stuff and this may be another piece of evidence to support that theory. But hey, it will make them happy. They love to be right!!!

So for my quick Saturday entry! Nice to have Kerry around for a Saturday. He didn't have anything scheduled except a baptism for a sweet little Jensen fella at 5 pm. So he got the carpet cleaner out and cleaned traffic areas of the carpet for me. I shut myself in the downstairs bathroom and finished scraping all the wallpaper off the wall. I had already started ripping into it earlier this week. I hung it eight years ago when we moved into the house and did a fairly poor job and it needed to be replaced. So, it is off! Now I need to figure out what to do next. I am thinking purple!
Went to my little 'meeting' this morning and am making VERY SLOW progress. But progress.
Been busy helping Ruth with her house and trying to help Becky with her reception and John and Madi are back so I need to get over to see my cute 'babies' (they are so NOT babies anymore!) Wednesday night at the temple is going to work out very well except for the fact that they made me the veil co-ordinator and I really really really would prefer just to work posts; but we serve where we are needed so.................I am having fun with this little effort and thanks for the inspiration!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

alright..alright..we all know you LOVE pics of yourself..but c'mon!! a huge random building and some trees? I think not..i mean at least do football or something! maybe some chocolate??

Sister Mullen said...

Terryl, thanks so much for including me on your list of folks. My kids are all doing blogs. I have the links to them posted on my "favorites" so I don't know their addresses off the top of my head, but I will get them and pass them along so can see what they are up to... their lives are a lot more interesting than mine! In the mean time, way to go with the blog. You are right in there with the 21st century stuff...

Chris said...

Wow mom is finally up in the blog world! Great to hear the wallpaper in the downstairs bathroom is finally gone and please paint it purple not wall paper it purple. Wall paper is for the 80s. Look forward to seeing future blogs and glad Dad was home for a day! Love your opinionated son!

mo said...

Welcome to the blogging world! In case you don't recognize my blogger name--this is Bonnie O. This is a great way to stay in touch and caught up on each others lives. Can't wait to read about yours! Love the purple idea...my study is bright green and I love it despite some of the looks I've seen. It's invigorating!