Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bonjour

Off we went to the lovely country of France. I can't say that I was looking forward to this trip...y'all know me.........and the first day or two was horrific. I must have sworn a thousand times that I was not going to ever leave the country again and that I couldn't stand it and that I HATE overseas flights and that I hate.............well, everything. I do hate overseas flights and when we got to CDG airport, they don't pull up to a gate, they unload you on to buses and transport you to the terminal.....so......... you wait for two hours to leave from the US (overseas flights require early check in) and you sit for hours on the plane and then you wait to disembark and then you ride seemingly endlessly to get to the terminal and then you wait for luggage and then you wait in a line to get a taxi and then the taxi ride to our hotel was THREE HOURS LONG! Hence, the hate language. Fatigued and hungry, you try to navigate the currency and the room and lay down for a rest and decide where to eat. After resting, you can begin to appreciate the beauty of the city called Paris!

No comments: