Friday, September 17, 2010

My New Gig

It has been a busy summer and in Houston it is still VERY summer-like outside. We are in the high 90's and have high humidity and we're kind of tired of it; no more tired, I am sure, than the northerners get of snow and ice in April.

On my way home from a trip to Utah in August, I got a phone call from a member of the stake presidency (the one I am married to!) calling me to teach seminary and so all of my family history plans have gotten shuffled off to the side while I try to get up to speed on seminary. My poor little ancestors must have been SO excited only to have their hopes and dreams dashed yet again (they have heard me speak of getting going before) I hope that they can endure me. And I hope that the kids in seminary can endure me as well. We are into this three weeks now and the fatigue is already a tiny bit better and we are working out how to get this job done. Experience goes a long way and I don't have any. The first week I thought to myself, what in the heck have I gotten myself into. Second week better and this week better still. The kids are a delight and I adore them already. 16 seniors; mostly boys four girls and an eclectic group that is very sharp and who has some marvelous future missionaries in it. I am grateful for the opportunity and the blessings that I can see flowing into my life. Increased capacity on a couple of levels and I am hoping for some more because I really need it.

No comments: