Friday, February 6, 2009

THE QUESTION

There is an article in the local paper today about three guys who decided that they wanted to be in the Krystal Hall of Fame (Krystal is a hamburger joint). They embarked on a plan to build a pyramid out of the Krystal hamburger boxes they got every week when they would go get a 24 pack of burgers!!!! It took them two and a half years and a shift in plans (they built a replica of the Washington Monument instead of a pyramid because the pyramid was too wide at the base for their garage) The reward for their 'effort' is personalized Krystal boxes (their photos, names and all) that are being distributed company wide! Now, this begs the question, WHO IN THE HECK HAS TIME TO THINK ABOUT, MUCH LESS BUILD, A TOWER OUT OF HAMBURGER BOXES AND WHY HAVEN'T THEY DROPPED DEAD FROM HEART DISEASE BECAUSE OF POOR DIETARY DECISIONS? And do you really want your picture distributed on the cover of fast food packing materials? I simply could not help but ask myself why people have the time or inclination in life to contemplate such remarkably obscure activities when I seem to be unable to get around to some fairly significant (in my mind) duties and responsibilities......like updating my blog! I guess the last question that comes to mind is, why did I take the time to stop and read an article about guys building monuments out of food wrappers??!!! Oh, the distractions of the world!!!

1 comment:

ragslisa said...

I think a diet based soley on hamburgers sounds wonderful!